Sunday, August 9, 2026

Faced with the dodo's conundrum

Omg hello happy Augusttttttt! I'm currently reading my 66th novel for 2026 yayyyy me! It's Jawbone by Monica Ojeda.

I actually kind of went back to my roots this August and devoured back to back weird girl lit.


You know, I LIKE THE WAY ANNA DORN WRITES! If I have no job, I would've finished this novel in a day. ANYWAYYYYYY, I also really enjoyed Perfume and Pain! I think I'm going to read all of her books. BUT WORD OF ADVICE, I think it's better to read Vagablonde first before American Spirits because there were subtle references (I FEEL) 

I like weird girl lit and my ultimate favorites are Sugar by Mia Ballard and Boy Parts by Eliza Clark. Bitch, Boy Parts was HILARIOUS. I am not kidding you! For something so unhinged and disturbing, Eliza Clark managed to put some humor into it! 

I laughed so hard when I read this part!


There were so many more hilarious passages and dialogues. I'll try to look for it when my Kindle is within reach because I'm honestly too lazy to get it right now.

ANYWAY, I'm only 11% in Jawbone but so far so good! I'm a mood reader so I hope I can commit to this!

No comments: