Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rainbow Bleh.

A few months ago, I read Eleanor and Park out of curiosity.  Many of my friends in Goodreads marked it as to read or something they've already read.  So, like what I've said, out of curiosity I tried reading it.  It was the longest 300+ (or 400?) book I've ever read in my entire life...  Jesus.

Today, I want to read something chill, so I tried to read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.  Jesus fucking Lord..  what am I doing to myself?  It's such a fucking bore!  By the time I reached page 31, I rolled my eyes and said, "Fuck it."  Fangirl is so fucking pretentious and lame.  Eleanor and Park, well, the music and graphic novels the characters discussed made up for the slow pacing of the story.  Fangirl, on the other, is slow..  and talks about a girl and an 11-year-old wizard boy she makes fanfics of.  It's kind of hard not to think of Harry Potter when you see some of the similarities he shares with the Simon Snow (the wizard from Fangirl) dude.

Eleanor and Park was tolerable mainly because of the music and graphic novels and comics Park shared with Eleanor.  Plus, I love how you could easily pity Eleanor because she came from a very dysfunctional family and we see her (somehow) survive poverty.  Fangirl, on the other hand, made me want to gorge myself with intestines until I choke myself to death or asphyxiate.

YA novels aren't really my thing so..  I'm at fault here because I kept on torturing myself, you know?  I mean, I could just ignore her books and move on with my life instead of whining about it, right?

If you loved the book, I'm sorry.  If you didn't, up top!

Edit:

Guess what?  I'm reading it, anyway....

No comments: