Saturday, March 9, 2013

And Then You Look Back And Everything Has Changed.

I was a having a very dramatic moment.  I was missing my parents so much.  I used my mom's FB account and visited my dad's profile.  I saw these pictures:

This photo's just a year and a half. Tatay & Nangni were still alive.

This photo's just two years old!


The following photos were taken during Tatay & Nanay's Golden Anniversary 2 1/2 years ago:
I bet he was cracking a joke or something. He was that kind of person.

Do you sometimes look back and wish that things didn't have to change?  Lives didn't have to end?  I do.  One more school year - that's what it would take for my grandfather to see his first and oldest grandchild to graduate.  I mean, it's just weird that he wouldn't be there when we eat out or something.  For as long as I could remember, he was always there... Birthdays, graduations, other family gatherings.  It's just..  Weird, you know?  98% of my notable childhood memories - my grandfather was there.  It's really just saddening.

Anyway, cheers.  Graduation is a sure thing.  I must stay alive for this.

No comments: