Monday, June 19, 2017

Shadows Fill My Mind Up.

Since 2012, I've been joining the Goodreads Reading Challenge. You have to assign a certain number of books that you're supposed to read for the whole year. I've been successful since 2012. I used to, like, promise to read 20 books in a year (then it would be a feat when I surpass that 20 books) but ever since I started in Med School, I usually just promise to read, 5-10 novels a year.

The summer break is treating me quite nicely. I've been drowning myself in books (and I'm glad to say I'm DONE with my Goodreads Reading Challenge 2017! I promised to read 5 and as of this moment, I was able to read 22, not including some novels that I decided to reread.) It's cathartic for me to read because I tend to forget how I'm failing in life. 

I'm just so humiliated for my parents. They are the best and they don't deserve this kind of humiliation. Forget about me, I could take care of myself. I could take all the punches and the hits. It's just that I know most of my parent's friends and colleagues and they could be judgmental as fuck. (Serves me right, huh? I'm quite a judgmental person myself.)

I'm 25 and I haven't achieved anything. When I was a kid, I thought by the time I'm 25 - I'm already ruling the world. Tough luck. Hay nako.

Maybe it's not my time right now but I know (I hope) I could make my parents proud of me someday.

No comments: