Sunday, June 26, 2016

So Many People Close To Me Cut Me Down.

I just found out that Yellowcard is disbanding and oh my fucking god! To say that it broke my heart and crushed it into a million pieces is a fucking understatement. I had a lot of downs in my life and their single "Here I Am Alive" spoke to me in a very personal level and, sorry for the cliche, but whenever I listen to it, it helps me look forward to the future and forget all the fuck-ups that's currently happening in my life. Fact of the matter is, Here I Am Alive made, sorry, MAKES me want to live.



Have you tried listening to it? Like, listen to it and feel the lyrics and shit. I'm not kidding when I say that it really helped me get through awful existential crises in my life. I know that a lot of people (especially back in college) doubt me because I didn't really shine back then. I mean, people know me because I'm friendly and loud and super lazy. But that's that. I know that some people think that I would amount to nothing because, "ano bang nacocontribute nya eh maingay lang naman sya?" Which really got to me because, honestly, I didn't know what to do with my life back then. I liked CA but I wasn't very passionate about it, do you get that? And somehow, me being very nonchalant and not passionate about something made me look bobo (stupid.) And, I can't emphasize enough how Here I Am Alive made me think that, "Oh shut up, you fucker. I'll find something I want to do with my life. I'll find a direction."

I jumped, I fell, I hit the ground but here I am alive. So, see, motherfucker, it might take me three tries to get to the next level but I WOULD BE a fucking doctor because THIS is what I'm passionate about. I would be a fucking good doctor and you'll remember the day you said I wouldn't amount to anything because I didn't give a fuck about the things YOU were passionate about.

No comments: