Friday, August 3, 2007

my stroke of inspiration came!!!!

i know that this blog sucks. i haven't been updating.. firstly, if i want to update -- i want my imagination swarming all around me so i can type/write without any hindrance.. secondly, i want long and lengthy posts.. but since all i've managed to post last july were arse-worthy posts, i stopped for a while.. i need a stroke of inspiration to have me typing again.. and, it came!!! it came.. :D

i finally finished the last Harry Potter book!!! hahahaha!!! it's a bloody great achievement for me because the only thing i've managed to read from lara's book was the epilogue part.. and now --- now.. after months and months and months of waiting -- i know the whole story. I KNOW!!!!! wahahahahaha!!! weeeell.. that cuts it -- i did finish the book but i was actually sort of disappointed because it would be the last book about Harry.. i liked the story kasi ehhhh.. it made me think that some things may not be impossible at all.. i used to believe that magic exists -- this was before the HP era..

when i was about four to nine years old -- i believed in magic. i think it started with the movie 'Matilda' from Roald Dahl's book.. i would often scruch up my face and imagine that i'm beheading my enemy [during those times -- my brother.. i don't really think that Matilda beheaded her parents, though.. i think she was more of the flying-objects-thingy-magic..] anyway, i was just waiting for the 'magic' within me to come. i would pray to God every night without fail, reminding him about my magic powers, begging him to finally give some -- even bits to me. i still remember the dozens of coins i dropped in many different wishing wells -- all bearing the same wish: that i receive my powers. i don't really know what i would do if i had the magic powers -- during those years, i would imagine myself talking to mermaids and being able to swim without holding my breath, and playing with fairies and buying all the toys in toy stores -- well, mostly dolls.. i don't really know what made me snap back to reality.. i can't really remember why i stopped wishing for the magic within me to appear -- maybe i got too old.

when i remember it now -- i can't help but smile. i mean, i was stupid enough to believe that magic exists.. heck, i even prayed for it. so.. it was a nice feeling about harry potter -- it's like my prayers were in that book.. even if it didn't talk about my bit of fantasy about playing with fairies..

anyway.. the series was finished.. sighhh..

this post is a damn longer one than last month..

SONG: I Will by The Beatles. I adore this. It was the first song my brother memorized and acted.. cheers..

No comments: