Sunday, October 21, 2012

Schadenfreude?

I learned that new word from my best friend.  She asked that after I tweeted, "Isn't it weirdly (and embarrassingly) comforting when someone's life is more fucked up than yours?"  Schadenfreude is exactly like that.  It's a term used when you laugh and you find contentment on the failures and misfortunes of others.  I'm not trying to be the antichrist here or something but..  I really feel good when someone I hate gets hurt or gets really unlucky or something.  Oh don't give me that look, I know you do too!  That's the thing, I'm not being plastic or I'm not trying to look good..  I'm saying it as it is.  I have this raw fulfillment when someone I loathe gets depressed or down.  I prefer emotional pain, if you want to know.  Physical pain.. Well, bruises fade.  But emotional distress?  C'mon!  That's the most satisfying of all the kinds of hurt there is!  Imagine your nemesis crawling somewhere dark, clutching his/her heart, sobbing softly.  Isn't it gratifying?

I know it's wrong and really twisted.. but.. Oh, what the hell. I'm not even going to defend myself.  I know you feel this way too.  You might try hard to ignore the satisfaction you feel when you see someone hurting or what.. But, deep down, oh, I know you're dancing the conga and celebrating.

This is not something I'm entirely proud of because it makes me look like a spawn of Satan.  But, that's the thing.  I just have the guts to say the things we all feel anyway.  So, that doesn't really make me the antichrist.  It just makes me.. Honest.

(So much hatred, I'm sorry.  It's that time of the month again. -_-)

No comments: