Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Letting You Down, You Are Just Hiding It So Well.

I get really annoyed and, well, offended whenever people think I'm dumb, stupid, or even moronic.  I get really defensive whenever the topic's about intelligence or talents.

I talk a lot.  I laugh a lot.  I'm boisterous.  And I don't take things seriously.  Does that make me a cretin?  I make a lot of jokes (most of them awful) Does that make me a half-witted dumb ass?  I rarely listen to Mozart or Beethoven or Debussy.  Does that mean I'm an idiot?  I don't get half of the terms they say in The Big Bang Theory.  Wow, am I dunderhead because of  these things?  Seriously?

I talk in circles.  I stutter when I nervous.  My mind goes blank whenever a professor asks a question to me by surprise.  And, I guess that means I have a pea for a brain, huh?

The thing is, I may not be the brightest student in class, I may not be the messiah or the Albert Einstein-prodigy of this generation.. but, I'm happy.  Well, most of the time, I am.  Come to think of it, why do I even have to prove myself?  Oh yeah, because you stinking lot think that you're the brainiest and smartest people in the planet.  Dude, half the people in that class are smarter than you.  They just don't try.  They're just too lazy to try.  So, in a way, you're lucky they don't attempt to nerd-up or something.  Where will you end up if those people study?  Where?

Truth be told, honey, you're no better than the rest of us.

3 comments:

Rose said...

What's wrong? *HUG*

Rina E. Macaraig said...

Jodie, feeling ng mga tao, as in forever, sobrang tatanga-tanga akong tao. As in tanga na bobita. Walalang. Nag-snap lang ang twig ko. :))

Rose said...

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!! You are a lovely, intelligent, witty, amazing lady. HEHEHEHE >:D<