Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Year That Was..

2011 was such a big jerk to me.  I've faced a lot of challenges this year.  Some I never thought I would experience.  My grandfather died, some sort of family crisis happened, my grandmother was confined in the hospital for 3 weeks, some idiot in school made me want to break her neck into two, school crisis blah blah blah..  Looking back at all of these (for the lack of a better word) incidents, it made me realize that SOMEHOW, I grew up.

I learned how to stand on my own, especially if my family's not around.  It made me think that I'm getting old and I need to learn how to be responsible.  Life isn't just about play, play, play.  Life has this crazy way of fucking things up and making you want to just hurl yourself on an incoming bus in a highway full of bustling cars and automobiles.  It would stomp on your heart and it would squeeze your soul until you have nothing left.  It would leave you crying and writhing on the floor.  That's the thing, that's how life is.

But you know what?  There's always faith.  I don't mean to preach, it's never really my style but, yeah, sometimes when there's no one left, all you got to do is pray.  I mean, you don't really have anything to lose, right?  It's just that and lots and lots of hope that maybe one day everything's going to be okay.

2011 was a farthole.  It drained me.  But then, it also taught me something -- I could bounce back.

So, here's to a better year!  2012, BE GOOD.

No comments: