Saturday, February 22, 2014

I Know You Carry A Sense Of Weariness.

If it was a perfect world, I would be as smart as (or smarter than) my brother.

If it was a perfect world, I would've gotten at least an 80 on my NMAT..  which I didn't.  But, in my defense, I didn't take up a pre-med course and the last time I took up a science subject was a little more than two years ago.

If it was a perfect world, I would be healthy and fit.  And not freakishly fat and stuff.  Although, to be fair, I could do something about this but..  Man, I don't like sweating and I'm really, really lazy..  which leads me to my next point.

If it was a perfect world, I would be more conscious of my health and, well, physical appearance.  PLUS, I would have fun doing it, you know, the sweating and exercising and stuff.

If it was a perfect world, I would've seen and watched The Killers play live when they visited the Philippines.

If it was a perfect world, Jared Leto would reply to one of my tweets (God almighty, I've been tweeting and following him since he had, like, 103k followers on Twitter and he had a shark for a Twitter icon.  Did I get any "Hello" back? Noooooo.)

If it was a perfect world, I would have more trustworthy "friends" than crappy ones who see themselves as people who are all-high and mighty.. which they are not.  Actually, I think I may be talking about a single person here.  I hate her with a burning passion.  Always have.  Always will.

If it was a perfect world, I would be able to control my temper more.  Ergo, I wouldn't wish death or a very painful and torturous illness on anyone who angers me.

Lastly, if it was a perfect world, being the heroine of my own story, I wouldn't be this scared of the future.  Of course I would be nervous and stuff but..  I would know that I just have to get past all the dragons or dungeons or whatever to get my pot of gold or treasure or Elixir of Life or whatever.

But it's not a perfect world.  All we have are slightly wrong-timing opportunities, 10 minute "perfect" moments, and the people we love.  What I'm saying is..  I guess it's up to us to make sense of the less-than-perfect situations we face everyday.  It's up to us to see that the glass is always half full.  

I mean, what do we have to lose?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what if you took up creative writing/lit what if

ps hello <3

Anonymous said...

pa-anonymous pa ako eh noh HAHAHAHAH

Rina E. Macaraig said...

Hi... Jared.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA joke lang :-*