Sunday, February 10, 2008

Can I also whore over Edward Cullen?

Okay, because of the intense curiosity made by the swoons of people, "Edward is so hot.", "I love Edward Cullen.", I bought my own copy of Twilight. My parents actually raised their eyebrows when they saw that it's not a Neil Gaiman book or some other book that's equally disturbing. I told my mom that I'm going to try a love story instead of just weird and disturbing stories made by one of my heroes, Neil Gaiman. Actually, I bought it at about 10.30 am and it's already 1.20 now and I'm already in Chapter 8. I just can't drop the book -- I am, without an iota of doubt, engrossed by it. I'm actually giggling now because I think Edward is so darn sweet. Allow me to quote one of his oh-so blushing lines, "You scared me for a minute there.." (You know.. The part when Bella fainted or almost fainted during their Bio class while everybody's trying to get blood or something to know their blood-type.. And, Edward actually carried her to the clinic and drove her home :)) I don't know if you can understand what I'm saying..) Anyway, I think it's so sweet :)) I may be acting really weird this minute because I'm alone and I'm blushing by myself :)) HAHA.

I'm not finished with Twilight yet but I'm planning to complete the Trilogy (Is it a Trilogy? You know.. The Eclipse.. How do you spell that goddamn word.. Tss. You know what I mean.. Eclipse then New Moon.. Haha!) Yes. I'm planning to complete the Edward Cullen-Isabella Swan Series. It's really bad when I get obsessed with something.. :s

I think the story's really sweet (even if I'm not finished with the book yet..) The parts I've read are good pre-valentines-blushing-giggling moments :)) Twilight is the perfect date for Valentines Day since I'm spending it with Mrs. Blanco. Yep. My date for Valentines Day is none other than our ever patient Algebra teacher, Mrs. Blanco. Raising your eyebrows, scratching your head, and asking if I'm crushing over Mrs. Blanco? Nope. I'm itching over somebody else. Mrs. Blanco's my date for some diplomatic and mathematical reasons.

Sigh.

It would take a week or even a month for me to get over this book. I mean, I never knew love stories are good. Don't get me wrong, I've read Can You Keep A Secret and other Sophie Kinsella books, I've read some other romantic books but it never had the same effect as Twilight. Oh well. Maybe I'm experiencing this new kind of, um, thing because I've read too many odd and unsettling stories that left marks in my brain made by Neil Gaiman. I mean, for a while I stopped reading other genres of books because I hero-worshiped Neil Gaiman. So, Twilight is really leaving something quite new to me :)

Sheeeesh. I need to finish Maganda Pa Ang Daigdig by tomorrow. But, the story is so boring I opted to delay it and delay it and delay it :) That's unfair for Lazaro Francisco, but, heck, I've been trying to read MPAD since last week and I'm still in Chapter 5 with many skips and frowns. It's so hard to understand Mr. Francisco's language. I got frustrated with the book I cried. Yep. I cried over that stupid Tagalog book. I mean, his words are too deep it made me think that he's born in the 12th century!

Shoot.

I'm in the midst of lithologica. Talk to me after I got over Edward Cullen :))

I'll try to finish the Anansi Boys Chaaracter Grid. I'll try. :))

SONG: Boys Don't Cry by The Cure. They're love :) Even though they're a band from yesterday's yesterday. :)


No comments: