Monday, July 8, 2013

“All monsters are scared. That's why they're monsters.”

I started reading this a few hours back and I finished it at around 8.30 pm:


Neil Gaiman never fails to deliver, you know?  The last novel I read written by him was The Graveyard Book so, you know, when he released The Ocean at the End of the Lane, I was pretty psyched.  I missed him.  If you do not know, Neil Gaiman is my favorite author.  Raia introduced him to me by making me read Coraline.  After that, I was hooked.  One of these days, I'm going to post my Neil Gaiman collection - from his novels (completed them all) to the Sandman graphic novels (completed that, as well.  Plus, the spin-off graphic novels!)  My high school friends know about my obsession with him.  And, if you've read most of my posts from high school (that actually make sense), it's almost always about Neil Gaiman.  One of the short stories I wrote (VIEW STORY HERE) was even inspired by him.

Since I finished the book early, I decided to hit the mall so I could buy a copy of A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin.  I know I could easily get an ebook copy but I wanted the real thing - I wanted the book.  So, I'm currently 315 pesos short, which kind of sucks 'cause I'm unemployed and stuff.  Before buying A Dance with Dragons, I started reading Naked Lunch.  It's actually pretty cool, but I have to hold off reading it because I have to finish A Dance with Dragons first!  After that, I swear, it's studying-crunch time!

So, what have you done with your life lately?

No comments: