Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Fell In Love Today.

I fell in love today.

The last time I felt this way was for Ipe..  six years ago.  

I met up with Jodie today.  We were waiting for Frozen to start so we were walking around TriNoma (although we were going to watch the movie at North Edsa hahahahaha.)  I asked her to come with me to Astro Vision because I was going to check if they have DVD's of Beavis and Butt-head (since our internet is a son of bitch, I decided to just buy a DVD set)  We came across some vinyl records and, man, I almost had a heart attack because of the awesomeness of it all!  They have Fanfarlo on vinyl!!  I mean, Jesus Christ, I can't even find a Fanfarlo CD here in the Philippines tas..  they have it on vinyl.  Anyway, at first I was like..  meh.  What would I do with this, I don't have a record player naman.  Lo and behold... The salesgirl showed us THE phonograph...  And, I swear to God, I fell in love.  Right then and there, I fell in love.  I stared at it and gaped at it and ogled it.  Jodie was laughing..  but, seriously, it's like..  seeing the sun for the first time.  The feeling was glorious.  I then told myself that whatever happens, I would have that beautiful Crosley record player!


When I got home, I told my mom everything.  I told her that I'm determined to buy my own record player.  She was sort of weirded out and she asked me if people still use that stuff, I told her I don't care about the other shitheads in the world but I would like to own one.  I even told her about the Fanfarlo, Architecture in Helsinki, The Head and the Heart vinyls we saw!  She was okay with me buying one.  Anyway, I have the money but I'm still sort-of hesitating to spend it.  I think I'll wait next year to buy one.  Nevertheless, I'm so fucking psyched!!  I swear to God, I haven't felt this way in a very long time!  I liked a lot of things but this is only the second time I felt this way (the first one was holding Ipe for the first time.)  SO FUCKING PSYCHED, OH MY GOD!!!!

No comments: