Monday, April 29, 2013

Just Keep Breathing.

Last Saturday, we went to Mindoro.  (We just got back early this morning.  At around 6.30-ish, I think?)  Our main goal was to visit my mom's best friend because it's her dad's funeral.  Anyway, I enjoyed the trip there! I'll share an anecdote, Ninang Tess (mom's best friend) and my parents were talking about disciplining children and stuff and she said that between her and Ninong Noli (her husband), she's firmer (like Claire Dunphy) because when reprimanding their kids, Ninong Noli could give out outrageous and out of this world remarks like, "Gusto mo bang ichainsaw kita?" which doesn't make him a very scary disciplinarian.  Well, basically, he's such a charming and funny person so it's hard to take him seriously.  He's like Leo Martinez-Phil Dunphy-and my dad combined!  No kidding!  If you knew him, you would freakin' roll on the floor because of the "Gusto mo bang ichainsaw kita?" part.  I was literally laughing like a babboon!  No shit!  I still laugh whenever I remember that "Gusto mo bang ichainsaw kita?" story.  Hahahaha!

Since we didn't bring any camera, my screen shots are the only proof I have that we did go to Mindoro.  See the weather part under the time!  When there's internet connection or wifi or shit, it automatically updates where you are.  So, see, there's Puerto Galera and Calapan City.  Hahahaha.  Actually, whenever I have interviews I always say that I'm out of town so I print-screened some shit as proof if my future employers or interviewers ask for one, you know?




Anyway, on something different, Yo just passed his NMAT (National Medical Admissionn Test) with..  flying colors!  His score's 99+!  99 freakin' +!!  (I think it's really necessary to put the "+")  I'm really proud of him because before he took his NMAT he was freakin' depressed because he was having a hard time on this one subject (personally, I think his professor's a son of a bitch, you know?)  So my parents were even, like, cheering him on and spoiling him a bit - a lot (Okay fine, I admit..  I was freakin' jealous.  I mean, c'mon, they were never like that when I'm down and shit.  They would just scold me and stuff.  We even went to, like, three freakin' churches to pray for him.  Can you believe that?  I don't remember my parents doing that for me.)  Yo was even telling me how scared he was - he can't study for NMAT because of his stupid school shit.  So, basically, he took his NMAT without studying.  And then he got a freakin' 99+ on his first take!  How swell is that?  He's such a fucking freak of nature.  And, I know for a fact that 99+ is a big deal.  See, Yo was telling us this freaky orgmate he knows that's really grade-conscious.  His first NMAT was just, like, 96 or something.  He wasn't impressed, he took a second NMAT just so he could get a 99+.   AND MY BROTHER GOT A 99+ ON HIS FIRST FREAKIN' TAKE!


In not so many words, I know that that geek's happy and shit, you know?  I watched him have a sort-of meltdown when he failed a subject last sem (which was a first for him so he was really devastated.  Since, he's a failure virgin..  maybe that's why my parents were spoiling him and stuff..  Hmmm.  I failed three subjects in high school and they didn't give a shit!  I almost didn't graduate on time during high school.  And did I mention that our graduation was on my 17th birthday?  So, back to the point, they were buttering Yo up and stuff, and I was there not caring.  Don't get me wrong I gave an "aww this shit happens" stuff but I wasn't..  I don't pity him.  I mean, okay, it was his professor's fault.  Seriously.  The prof has a reputation of being unfair and unreasonable - Yo was just unlucky he got that professor.) The point is..  my brother deserved this shit.  He deserved this 99+ to boost his morale, you know?

Just saying.

So, that's what's going on with me.  How about you?  What've you been up to?

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Halimaw naman yang kapatid mo Rina di pa siya nag-aral sa lagay na yan ah. Hahaha. Hi, I miss you! Kelan na tayo magkikita :(