Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Boy Who Lived.

I watched Green Lantern today.  Alone.  Isn't that great?  I feel so mature and grown-up.  See, it's my first time to watch a movie alone, so please bear with me.  ANYWAY, as I was saying before I rudely interrupted myself, I watched Green Lantern alone and unaccompanied by my brother or my parents or my friends.  It was so cool. I was the man!  I was the man!  Ohmygod, I'm babbling again.  Ugh, fiiiine.  Ok, before I get overly enthusiastic (and I mean overly enthusiastic) over this meager accomplishment, let me tell you about the movie.  It was ok, as far as superhero movies go.  I'm not being biased, I think, but, I really prefer the plot of Batman.  It's so much deeper and mind-blowing.  You get to see self-sacrifice and the honorable and honest-to-goodness values type.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching Green Lantern!  Ryan Reynolds was so devilishly hot.  I could stare at his abs all day long and not notice the drool flowing down my chin.  Anyway, see, the good thing about Green Lantern is that it talks about conquering your fears.  And, wow, that's a big thing.  All of us people are afraid of something.  And if Parallax was plainly sitting at a sidewalk, he could easily feed from everyone that passes by.  I think fear is something constant.  It's everywhere.  So, yes, that's what the Green Lantern movie was trying to tell us, it's not bad to fear something, that's human.  But, we should learn how to face these fears.  We should learn how to overcome it.

And that's saying something.  I mean, it's not easy to fight your fears or your phobias.  I, for one, get really vicious and hysterical when there are big dogs around.  Hmm, come to think of it, even puppies scare me.  And, I can't seem to knock over that fear.  It's just there.  And it always wins.  So, Hal Jordan was really something because he was able to crush down the demons inside his head and come out as the winner.

Anyway, before the movie started, they were showing some trailers.  I was particularly intrigued by the Hanna movie thing.  Eric Bana was there.  And, yeah, the plot was fascinating.  I would like to watch that.  Anyone who wants to watch it with me?  Hehe.  So, they were showing some trailers then all of a sudden, the Harry Potter trailer was shown.  It was, god, heartbreaking.  Let's get one thing straight, I am not a fan of the movies.  I am entirely devoted to the book.  But, that's another topic.  Let's dwell on that some other time.  Anyway, the trailer broke my heart.  After the last Harry Potter movie is shown, it really is the end.  There's nothing to look forward to anymore.  It's like an ending for a generation.  I mean, are you getting me?  See, after the last book was published, I was affected.  Really affected.  But, at the back of my mind, I didn't feel like it was really the end because there are still those crappy movie adaptations to see and to critic or to laugh at. (I'm only saying this because they don't give the book any justice.  The Harry Potter books were fuuuucking brilliant!) So, are you getting me?  Now, that the last movie is going to be shown, my heart sunk because there are no more books nor movies to read and to see.  It's over.

The older generation might never understand this devotion to Harry Potter.  But, they didn't stick with Harry through the very beginning.  They did not know the hardships and the heartaches Harry went through to finish Voldemort.  They have no freakin' idea how great and devoted Harry was to his friends and to the people he loves.  Harry Potter is not just a book.  It is never just a book.  It's a generation who grew up together and who understood each other.

I belong in that generation.  So, forgive me if you can't understand my love, adoration, and my respect for Harry Potter.


Good day to you all.  :-)  (Oh yeah, I don't own the photo.  I just looked for a potterhead image and that's the BEST one I've found.)

4 comments:

Rose said...

Do you want to watch Deathly Hallows 2 on July 15? with me and my familyyyy? Lol kasama talaga sila =))

Rina E. Macaraig said...

OMG Jodie yayayain din sana kita manuod ng premiere kasama pamilya ko! SWEAR. =)) Anywaaaaaay, manunuod din kame eh. :-( Nagbenta ng tickets yung org ni Yo eh.

Rose said...

~Spirit animalzz~ talaga =)) Nagbebenta din ng tickets yung college ko eh tas andaming kasama na GC sa kung saan saan! Tas may photobooth picture pa =)))

Rina E. Macaraig said...

Ayyy. ~sfirit animalzzz~ =)) Anyway, ewan ko kung may photobooth yung kay Yo. Although, wala naman ako balak magphotobooth mag-isa. =)) SAYANG NAMAN JODIE. :|