Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mhm, Bad Nose Job.

If you were to ask me what my favorite fairy tale is, I would probably say, "Penelope" without any hesitation.  See, I am not a fan of love stories because the cheesiness grosses me out but, I think Penelope is an exception.  (Hmm.  Although, it's not really cheesy.  No problemo.)  Partly because James McAvoy was so maddeningly hot and attractive there but mostly because of the plot.  It's like a coming-out-of-a-shell story.


It's a nice movie because it talks about Penelope's curse being lifted if someone of her kind learns to love her and her very bad nose job, if you know what I mean.  In the end, all she has to do was learn to love herself.  She just needs to accept herself and make the most out of it.  I think that's one of the best fairy tale-ish message a fairy tale could give you.  Learn to embrace your imperfections and learn how to love yourself.




I think James McAvoy is devilishly handsome in this movie.  Or I just really like guys with long and messy hair.  Mmmm.  Anyway, if you haven't watched it yet, you're missing the other half of your soul.  Oh yeah, did I mention that Sigur Ros' Hoppipolla is featured here?  That makes this movie more awesome.  Hihi.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I'm taking Children's Lit this semester and I'm going to learn more about fairytales and children's stories!!!

PS Penelope's a good movie! Though I irrationally hate Christina Ricci @-)

Rina E. Macaraig said...

OMG!!!! For real? SUPER COOL!!! Anyway, gusto ko si Christina Ricci! Lalo na sa Sleepy Hollow!

Unknown said...

As concern of me it is one of the good decision for him over him nose surgery. It is help him to get a good look up and skin.


nose job