Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fables & Reflections.

I'm in the dorm right now and, hallelujah, the router's working!  Free wi-fi for everyone!  Anyway, it's a Thursday and I have no classes.  Yay, more angels singing and dancing the congo!  ANYWAY, my title is from the 6th graphic novel of The Sandman Series.  It's one of my favorites.  And, can I just say that I am so freakinly and insanely happy that Jodie's reading The Sandman Series?  It's one of the awesome-est graphic novels ever.  Plus, Neil Gaiman wrote it.  No explanation needed there.  See, he was able to weave this story about Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Despair, and Delirium.  I'll give you one example, Desire and Despair are twins.  And, when you really think about it, when you desire something too much and you can't have it..  It'll lead you to despair.  I'll give another one, before Delirium -- she was Delight.  But then she got stood up at the altar and other bad things happened to her..  Then she became Delirium.  I mean, by god, Neil Gaiman was able to make a story out of this fairly ordinary emotions and topics.  Are you getting me?

(clockwise from left to right) Death, Destiny, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Delirium, and Despair.

(L-R) So, that's Desire, Despair, Destiny, Dream, Death, Delirium, and Destruction.


(L-R) Dream, Delirium, Death, Destiny, Desire, Despair, and Destruction.



This is Destiny.  He's the oldest.  I don't really like him.  Hmmm.

This is Death.  She's the only person that could talk some sense to Dream.  She's one of my 3 favorites!

And this is Dream or Lord Morpheus.  He's the protagonist.  And he's also one of my personal favorites.  He's really creepy and intimidating.  He never smiles!

This is Destruction.  He took off..  But, you'll find out more about him in latter books.  Despair is closest to him.

This is Desire.  Desire could be a girl or he could be a boy.  S/he has no specific sex.  S/he is such a tease.

This is Desire's twin, Despair.  She's really, reaaaaally depressing.

Lastly, this is Delirium.  She's my other-other favorite.  OMG.  She's really entertaining!

Anyway, it's really amusing to read The Sandman series.  There are a lot of quotable quotes.  =))  And, these quotes would help boost your morale!

Hmmm.  I have two papers to make and, look what I'm doing.  I'm promoting The Sandman series.  SERIOUSLY GUUUUUUUUYS, read it.  Although, it's a real challenge to complete these series.  My brother and I spent 3 years looking for the missing episodes in every book store in the city before finally completing this baby.  So there you have it..  One of the best graphic novels ever!

2 comments:

Rose said...

RINA!!! Dream looks like Neil Gaiman! Lololol ewan ko ba pero pag binabasa ko yung mga lines niya, Si Neil Gaiman naiimagine ko. Pati boses =))

WATCH SHERLOCK NAAAA!

:-*

Rina E. Macaraig said...

Ang alam ko ha, kay Neil Gaiman ata naka-pattern si Dream. =)) Aong book ka na? ;-)